Workers who care for animals directly do so in a variety of settings in order to keep them as comfortable, healthy, and happy as possible. Feeding and watering, exercising, cleaning kennels and cages, giving medications, and grooming are typical duties. A natural love of animals is necessary for success in this position, as are excellent communication skills, physical stamina, and the capacity to restrain animals when necessary. Many Animal Caretakers also assist veterinarians during surgical/medical procedures.
Here are three different formats for cover letters that you can use.
A strong cover letter can set you apart from the competition. Learn how to create one in our .
What to Include in a Animal Care Attendant Cover Letter?
Following the manager’s instructions and managing the shelter’s animal care area are the main duties of an animal care attendant. He records each animal’s appetite while feeding them in accordance with the attending DVM’s instructions. He also unpacks, labels and stocks shelter supplies and donations.
- Enjoy practical and manual activities.
- Good communication skills and enjoy working with people.
- Mature and responsible.
- Able to work well in a team.
- Free of dust, fur, feathers, and animal-related allergies
- able to handle the physical demands of the job, which occasionally involve heavy labor
- Able to handle animals with confidence and patience.
Additionally, the skillsets listed below should be mentioned in the cover letter for an animal care attendant:
- Ability to administer medications.
- Recognizing signs of illnesses and abnormalities.
- Moderate ability to perform heavy labor.
- Knowledge of cleaning and disinfecting methods.
- Thorough knowledge regarding methods of animal restraint.
The following qualification(s) are frequently mentioned in effective cover letters for Animal Care Attendants:
- High school Diploma and knowledge of basic animal behavior.
Animal Care Attendant Cover Letter Example (Text Version)
Accepting my application for the position of animal care attendant at [XXX Animal Shelter] would be greatly appreciated. I believe my knowledge and interpersonal skills make me a promising candidate for this position at your shelter because I am a highly organized, skilled individual with a great love for animals, coupled with my experience at the [YYY Regional Animal Shelter].
One of the best humane societies in the nation, [XXX Animal Shelter] has strong principles and ideals regarding how to treat animals. Together with your nationwide anti-cruelty initiatives, [XXX Animal Shelter’s] strong local presence has motivated me to join the group of people who prioritize the welfare of animals.
To ensure the best comfort and welfare of animals, my previous work experience includes handling a wide range of animal care and support tasks. I am skilled at coordinating various aspects of care to provide the animals with the best experiences.
I carry out the following obligations and tasks at my current job:
- Animals in the shelter are fed, exercised, and generally maintained daily.
- Assisting with adoption coordination.
- Maintaining cleanliness of the shelter.
- Behavior and health monitoring of animals.
- Performing regular health and safety checks.
I think I have what it takes in terms of knowledge and experience to contribute to your shelter. I’m confident that your shelter will give me a great foundation from which to advance my skills and capabilities.
I look forward to a positive response from your end. Thank you for your time and consideration.
Addressing the hiring manager by name will give your Animal Care Attendant cover letter a more personal touch. Include your most important qualifications and professional successes to draw the hiring manager’s attention. Our sample resume for an animal care attendant makes it simple for you to write the ideal resume.