Remember to highlight your relevant work experience and qualifications in your Economics Teacher cover letter in light of the position you are applying for. Exposing your pertinent achievements in your cover letter can help you stand out and land that job interview, regardless of whether you’re looking for an entry-level position or have been in your career for a while.
This cover letter example is a superb illustration of what a hiring manager seeks in a resume for an economics teacher. You are welcome to use this sample as inspiration when writing your own cover letter, or you can use this simple tool to build a cover letter that will walk you through the process step-by-step in a matter of minutes.
What to Include in a Economics Teacher Cover Letter?
- Making daily lesson plans that follow state curriculum requirements
- establishing a supportive learning environment in the classroom that is suitable for the students’ physical, social, and emotional growth
- creating class assignments, projects, and activities that will encourage students to participate in active learning
- assessing a student’s academic performance and social development; informing parents and the administration of the student’s progress.
- Preparing weekly lesson plans based on established curriculum guidelines.
- presenting lessons in a thorough manner and utilizing audio/visual tools to aid in learning
- Providing individualized instruction to each student by promoting interactive learning.
- Assigning and grading classwork, homework, tests, and assignments.
Economics Teacher Skills:
- Complex economic concepts can be made simple for students to understand by an effective economics teacher.
- They must be proficient in economics concepts and capable of explaining them to students in an understandable manner.
- Additionally, economics teachers must be able to pique their students’ interest in economics and cultivate a love of the subject among them.
Economics Teacher Education Requirements:
- Economics teachers typically need a bachelor’s degree in economics. However, some employers might favor hiring applicants with an economics master’s degree.
- Typically, teachers need a state teaching license in order to teach economics at the secondary level.
- Some states require economics teachers to pass a certification exam.
Economics Teacher Cover Letter Example (Text Version)
I’m writing to express my interest in the job of Economics Teacher that is currently available at your school. I am eager to submit my application for this job because I have a lot of experience instructing economics at the high school level and have a track record of student success.
I work hard to make my economics lessons interesting and understandable as a teacher. By participating in activities like role-playing eBay shopping and selling, starting their own businesses and requesting bank loans, and investing in stocks during an annual stock market competition, my students gain an understanding of how the economy functions. More than half of my students have received all As in their classes over the past three years, which is significantly higher than the district average.
I also collaborate with other educators to enhance teaching across the entire institution. For instance, I developed a course that prepares freshmen to take my AP microeconomics course in their sophomore year by teaching them the fundamentals of economics during social studies class. Due to this, sophomores are now passing AP exams at higher rates than ever before.
I am confident that my background would benefit me if I were given the job of Economics Teacher at your school. I value your thought and anticipate speaking with you soon.
Be sure to emphasize your teaching experience and any economics coursework you have taken when writing your economics teacher cover letter. Be sure to also mention any honors or recognition you have received for your teaching.
Be sure to include it as well if you have any prior experience working with students as a tutor or mentor. Last but not least, make sure to end your letter with a compelling call to action, like expressing your desire to schedule an interview.
To learn more about how to write a resume and a compelling cover letter, view our Economics Teacher Resume Sample.
Customize Economics Teacher Cover Letter
With our free cover letter template, you’ll be hired more quickly and land the ideal job.