Writing a cover letter for a literacy coach is how you meet the hiring manager. Employers want you to highlight your relevant work history and skills in relation to the position you’re applying for if you want to stand out. Exposing your pertinent achievements in your cover letter can help you stand out and land that job interview, regardless of whether you’re looking for an entry-level position or have been in your career for a while.
Our cover letter examples are created by professional cover letter writers, and they serve as a great example of what hiring managers seek in a resume and cover letter for a literacy coach. Use this sample as a guide as you write your own cover letter, or use this simple cover letter builder to get help quickly with all the steps involved in creating a resume.
Check out our example of a literacy coach resume in addition to the literacy coach cover letter.
What to Include in a Literacy Coach Cover Letter?
- creating lesson plans, student evaluations, and individualized and group learning programs based on the requirements of the students
- Establishing benchmarks for student reading performance that meet educational standards.
- Developing exercises for students to enhance their vocabulary, fluency, and phonemic awareness
- creating educational activities that involve students and inspire them to love reading
- Various teaching techniques, such as whole-class instruction, small-group instruction, and one-on-one tutoring, are used when delivering lessons.
- collaborating with parents to create a climate of communication and trust regarding their child’s learning requirements
Literacy Coach Skills:
- Professional Development.
- Curriculum Alignment.
- Curriculum Design.
- Curriculum Implementation
- Differentiated Instruction.
Literacy Coach Education Requirements:
- A bachelor’s degree in education, a master’s degree, and a state teaching license are necessary to work as a literacy coach. Teaching experience is preferred, as is experience in curriculum development.
Literacy Coach Cover Letter Example (Text Version)
Dear Mr. / Ms. [Recruiter Name],
I am sending in my application for the position of literacy coach at XYZ Public Schools with great excitement. I’m ready to give your students excellent literacy instruction as a skilled and dedicated educator with experience in both urban and suburban schools.
As a literacy coach at ABC Middle School, I currently create and implement top-notch professional development plans for all teachers to increase reading proficiency among students. Through data analysis and research-based teaching strategies, I also collaborate with teachers to implement best practices in reading instruction and support the development of learning plans for all students.
The results have been impressive:
- Reading proficiency among students has improved by 12% since last year.
- Helped over 5,000 people improve their writing skills.
- Implemented a new reading program that was adopted by 90% of the district%E2%80%99s elementary schools, and increased student performance in the state reading competition by over 10%
- Increased average number of reading hours/week for all students by 30%
I hold a Bachelor of Arts in English from the University of California, Santa Cruz, and a Master of Arts in Education from San Jose State University. I have experience teaching in a classroom, but I’ve also worked as a teacher trainer and a consultant on curriculum development projects.
I am confident that my background as a curriculum developer and instructor, along with my practical teaching experience, make me a strong candidate for this position. Thank you so much for your time and consideration. I look forward to hearing back from you soon!.
There are a few things you can do to increase your chances of landing a job as a literacy coach if you’re interested in doing so. Make sure you are well-versed in literacy instruction and assessment first. Then, be sure to emphasize your prior experience instructing students of all ages and skill levels. Lastly, make sure to modify your cover letter for the particular job you’re applying for.
For additional advice on how to write your resume and a compelling cover letter, view our sample of a literacy coach resume.
Customize Literacy Coach Cover Letter
With our free cover letter template, you’ll be hired more quickly and land the ideal job.