Tell me about yourself (a classic Hirevue question)
What was the toughest challenge you’ve faced.
Tell me about a time you faced a problem with a team member.
Tell me something that is not on your resume.
Access more of these questions at Voomer.
Edward Jones Video Interview Questions and Answers Practice
How candidates received their first interview at Edward Jones
Through Allied BartonShared on June 13, 2018 – Security Officer – Tempe, AZ
Via telephone.Shared on April 17, 2018 – BRANCH OFFICE ADMINISTRATOR – Tulsa, OK
I applied onlineShared on April 13, 2018 – Investment Rep Academic Training Leader – St. Louis, MO
What advice do candidates give for interviewing at Edward Jones
Dont. The chances of working for a horrible FA and a great one are 50/50. You wont know until youre in. You will speak to so many departments that dont talk to each other. The process is grueling …Shared on October 15, 2020
Poorly trained fans then the boa is made to do the fa job. Especially difficult with lack of proper training.. U learn aa you go unless u get a arrogant fa then u run everything.Shared on June 2, 2020
Find another firm to interview with. Unless you drink the juice, you’re a goner. This firm is a devil in sheep’s clothing. Don’t believe all the hype.Shared on January 22, 2019
The first interview at Edward Jones
Employee referral37 %
Other online job site12 %
Recruiter contacted me12 %
Through Indeed10 %
What candidates say about the interview preparation at Edward Jones
There are a lot of interviews, quizzes, and job history information required (tax forms for 10 years required),etcShared on January 22, 2022 – Branch Office Administrator – Roanoke, VA
Be ready with real-life experiences from your work history.Shared on October 22, 2021 – Financial Advisor – Kansas City, MO
Be yourself, stay focused have funShared on July 23, 2021 – FINANCIAL ADVISOR – Prince George, BC
Views Total views 17,793 On SlideShare 0 From Embeds 0 Number of Embeds 17
Learn faster and smarter from top experts
Download to take your learnings offline and on the go
You also get free access to Scribd!
Instant access to millions of ebooks, audiobooks, magazines, podcasts and more.
Read and listen offline with any device.
Free access to premium services like Tuneln, Mubi and more.
Top 10 edward jones financial advisor interview questions and answers
1. Top 10 edward jones financial advisor interview questions and answers Useful materials: • interviewquestions360.com/free-ebook-145-interview-questions-and-answers • interviewquestions360.com/free-ebook-top-18-secrets-to-win-every-job-interviews
2. In this file, you can ref interview materials for edward jones financial advisor such as types of interview questions, edward jones financial advisor situational interview, edward jones financial advisor behavioral interview… Other useful materials for edward jones financial advisor interview: • interviewquestions360.com/free-ebook-145-interview-questions-and-answers • interviewquestions360.com/free-ebook-top-18-secrets-to-win-every-job-interviews • interviewquestions360.com/13-types-of-interview-questions-and-how-to-face-them • interviewquestions360.com/job-interview-checklist-40-points • interviewquestions360.com/top-8-interview-thank-you-letter-samples • interviewquestions360.com/free-21-cover-letter-samples • interviewquestions360.com/free-24-resume-samples • interviewquestions360.com/top-15-ways-to-search-new-jobs Useful materials: • interviewquestions360.com/free-ebook-145-interview-questions-and-answers • interviewquestions360.com/free-ebook-top-18-secrets-to-win-every-job-interviews
3. 1. Why do you want this edward jones financial advisor job? Again, companies want to hire people who are passionate about the job, so you should have a great answer about why you want the position. (And if you dont? You probably should apply elsewhere.) First, identify a couple of key factors that make the role a great fit for you (e.g., “I love customer support because I love the constant human interaction and the satisfaction that comes from helping someone solve a problem”), then share why you love the company (e.g., “I’ve always been passionate about education, and I think you guys are doing great things, so I want to be a part of it”). Useful materials: • interviewquestions360.com/free-ebook-145-interview-questions-and-answers • interviewquestions360.com/free-ebook-top-18-secrets-to-win-every-job-interviews
4. 2. What have you learned from mistakes on the edward jones financial advisor job? Candidates without specific examples often do not seem credible. However, the example shared should be fairly inconsequential, unintentional, and a learned lesson should be gleaned from it. Moving ahead without group assistance while assigned to a group project meant to be collaborative is a good example. Useful materials: • interviewquestions360.com/free-ebook-145-interview-questions-and-answers • interviewquestions360.com/free-ebook-top-18-secrets-to-win-every-job-interviews
5. 3. What challenges are you looking for in this edward jones financial advisor position? A typical interview question to determine what you are looking for your in next job, and whether you would be a good fit for the position being hired for, is “What challenges are you looking for in a position?” The best way to answer questions about the challenges you are seeking is to discuss how you would like to be able to effectively utilize your skills and experience if you were hired for the job. You can also mention that you are motivated by challenges, have the ability to effectively meet challenges, and have the flexibility and skills necessary to handle a challenging job. You can continue by describing specific examples of challenges you have met and goals you have achieved in the past. Useful materials: • interviewquestions360.com/free-ebook-145-interview-questions-and-answers • interviewquestions360.com/free-ebook-top-18-secrets-to-win-every-job-interviews
6. 4. Describe a typical work week for edward jones financial advisor position? Interviewers expect a candidate for employment to discuss what they do while they are working in detail. Before you answer, consider the position you are applying for and how your current or past positions relate to it. The more you can connect your past experience with the job opening, the more successful you will be at answering the questions. It should be obvious that its not a good idea talk about non-work related activities that you do on company time, but, Ive had applicants tell me how they are often late because they have to drive a child to school or like to take a long lunch break to work at the gym. Keep your answers focused on work and show the interviewer that youre organized (“The first thing I do on Monday morning is check my voicemail and email, then I prioritize my activities for the week.”) and efficient. Useful materials: • interviewquestions360.com/free-ebook-145-interview-questions-and-answers • interviewquestions360.com/free-ebook-top-18-secrets-to-win-every-job-interviews
7. 5. What is your biggest weakness? No one likes to answer this question because it requires a very delicate balance. You simply can’t lie and say you don’t have one; you can’t trick the interviewer by offering up a personal weakness that is really a strength (“Sometimes, I work too much and don’t maintain a work-life balance.”); and you shouldn’t be so honest that you throw yourself under the bus (“I’m not a morning person so I’m working on getting to the office on time.”) Think of a small flaw like “I sometimes get sidetracked by small details”, “I am occasionally not as patient as I should be with subordinates or co-workers who do not understand my ideas”, or “I am still somewhat nervous and uncomfortable with my public-speaking skills and would like to give more presentations and talk in front of others or in meetings.” Add that you are aware of the problem and you are doing your best to correct it by taking a course of action. Useful materials: • interviewquestions360.com/free-ebook-145-interview-questions-and-answers • interviewquestions360.com/free-ebook-top-18-secrets-to-win-every-job-interviews
8. 6. Why should the we hire you as edward jones financial advisor position? This is the part where you link your skills, experience, education and your personality to the job itself. This is why you need to be utterly familiar with the job description as well as the company culture. Remember though, it’s best to back them up with actual examples of say, how you are a good team player. It is possible that you may not have as much skills, experience or qualifications as the other candidates. What then, will set you apart from the rest? Energy and passion might. People are attracted to someone who is charismatic, who show immense amount of energy when they talk, and who love what it is that they do. As you explain your compatibility with the job and company, be sure to portray yourself as that motivated, confident and energetic person, ever- ready to commit to the cause of the company. Useful materials: • interviewquestions360.com/free-ebook-145-interview-questions-and-answers • interviewquestions360.com/free-ebook-top-18-secrets-to-win-every-job-interviews
9. 7. What do you know about our company? Follow these three easy research tips before your next job interview: 1) Visit the company website; look in the “about us” section and “careers” sections 2) Visit the company’s LinkedIn page (note, you must have a LinkedIn account — its free to sign up) to view information about the company 3) Google a keyword search phrase like “press releases” followed by the company name; you’ll find the most recent news stories shared by the company Remember, just because you have done your “homework”, it does not mean you need to share ALL of it during the interview! Reciting every fact you’ve learned is almost as much of a turn off as not knowing anything at all! At a minimum, you should include the following in your answer: 1. What type of product or service the company sells 2. How long the company has been in business 3. What the company culture is like OR what the company mission statement is, and how the culture and/or mission relate to your values or personality Useful materials: • interviewquestions360.com/free-ebook-145-interview-questions-and-answers • interviewquestions360.com/free-ebook-top-18-secrets-to-win-every-job-interviews
10. 8. Why do you want to work with us? More likely than not, the interviewer wishes to see how much you know about the company culture, and whether you can identify with the organization’s values and vision. Every organization has its strong points, and these are the ones that you should highlight in your answer. For example, if the company emphasizes on integrity with customers, then you mention that you would like to be in such a team because you yourself believe in integrity. It doesn’t have to be a lie. In the case that your values are not in line with the ones by the company, ask yourself if you would be happy working there. If you have no issue with that, go ahead. But if you are aware of the company culture and realize that there is some dilemma you might be facing, you ought to think twice. The best policy is to be honest with yourself, and be honest with the interviewer with what is it in the company culture that motivates you. Useful materials: • interviewquestions360.com/free-ebook-145-interview-questions-and-answers • interviewquestions360.com/free-ebook-top-18-secrets-to-win-every-job-interviews
11. 9. Did the salary we offer attract you to this edward jones financial advisor job? The interviewer could be asking you this question for a number of reasons. Obviously, the salary is an important factor to your interest in this job, but it should not be the overriding reason for your interest. A good answer to this question is, “The salary was very attractive, but the job itself is what was most attractive to me.” Useful materials: • interviewquestions360.com/free-ebook-145-interview-questions-and-answers • interviewquestions360.com/free-ebook-top-18-secrets-to-win-every-job-interviews
12. 10. Do you have any questions to ask us? Never ask Salary, perks, leave, place of posting, etc. regarded questions. Try to ask more about the company to show how early you can make a contribution to your organization like “Sir, with your kind permission I would like to know more about induction and developmental programs?” OR Sir, I would like to have my feedback, so that I can analyze and improve my strengths and rectify my shortcomings. Useful materials: • interviewquestions360.com/free-ebook-145-interview-questions-and-answers • interviewquestions360.com/free-ebook-top-18-secrets-to-win-every-job-interviews
13. Useful materials for edward jones financial advisor interview: • interviewquestions360.com/top-36-situational-interview-questions • interviewquestions360.com/440-behavioral-interview-questions-ebook-pdf- download • interviewquestions360.com/top-40-second-interview-questions • interviewquestions360.com/95-management-interview-questions-and- answers-ebook-pdf-download • interviewquestions360.com/top-30-phone-interview-questions • interviewquestions360.com/290-competency-based-interview-questions • interviewquestions360.com/45-internship-interview-questions • interviewquestions360.com/15-tips-for-job-interview-attire (dress code, clothes, what to wear) • interviewquestions360.com/top-15-written-test-examples • interviewquestions360.com/top-15-closing-statements • interviewquestions360.com/20-case- study-examples for job interview Useful materials: • interviewquestions360.com/free-ebook-145-interview-questions-and-answers • interviewquestions360.com/free-ebook-top-18-secrets-to-win-every-job-interviews
17. Other interview tips for edward jones financial advisor interview 1. Practice types of job interview such as screening interview, phone interview, second interview, situational interview, behavioral interview (competency based), technical interview, group interview… 2. Send interview thank you letter to employers after finishing the job interview: first interview, follow-up interview, final interview. 3. If you want more interview questions for entry- level, internship, freshers, experienced candidates, you can ref free ebook: 75 interview questions and answers. 4. Prepare list of questions in order to ask the employer during job interview. 5. Note: This file is available for free download. Useful materials: • interviewquestions360.com/free-ebook-145-interview-questions-and-answers • interviewquestions360.com/free-ebook-top-18-secrets-to-win-every-job-interviews
18. Fields related to edward jones financial advisor career: The above job description can be used for fields as: Construction, manufacturing, healthcare, non profit, advertising, agile, architecture, automotive, agency, budget, building, business development, consulting, communication, clinical research, design, software development, product development, interior design, web development, engineering, education, events, electrical, exhibition, energy, ngo, finance, fashion, green card, oil gas, hospital, it, marketing, media, mining, nhs, non technical, oil and gas, offshore, pharmaceutical, real estate, retail, research, human resources, telecommunications, technology, technical, senior, digital, software, web, clinical, hr, infrastructure, business, erp, creative, ict, hvac, sales, quality management, uk, implementation, network, operations, architectural, environmental, crm, website, interactive, security, supply chain, logistics, training, project management, administrative management… The above interview questions also can be used for job title levels: entry level edward jones financial advisor, junior edward jones financial advisor, senior edward jones financial advisor, edward jones financial advisor assistant, edward jones financial advisor associate, edward jones financial advisor administrator, edward jones financial advisor clerk, edward jones financial advisor coordinator, edward jones financial advisor consultant, edward jones financial advisor controller, edward jones financial advisor director, edward jones financial advisor engineer, edward jones financial advisor executive, edward jones financial advisor leader, edward jones financial advisor manager, edward jones financial advisor officer, edward jones financial advisor specialist, edward jones financial advisor supervisor, VP edward jones financial advisor…Useful materials: • interviewquestions360.com/free-ebook-145-interview-questions-and-answers • interviewquestions360.com/free-ebook-top-18-secrets-to-win-every-job-interviews