GraphQL Interview Questions and Answers | FAQ | GraphQL vs Rest API |
Hire Silicon Valley-caliber remote GraphQL developers at half the cost
Turing helps companies match with top-quality remote GraphQL developers from across the world in a matter of days. Scale your engineering team with pre-vetted remote GraphQL developers at the push of a button.
graphql interview questions
What is GraphQL?
GraphQL is an opensource Query Language for APIs. It was Created by Facebook in 2012 for use in their Mobile applications. After, it was open sourced in 2015.
“GraphQL is a Query language for your API that shifts the contract between Clients and servers that allows the server to say these are the capabilities that I exposed and allows the clients to describe their requirements in a way that ultimately empower product developers to build the products they want create .” –Dan Schafer, GraphQL Co-Creator.
What are the differences between REST API and GraphQL?
- REST is an architectural pattern Concept for Network based Software.
- REST API easy to understand.
- Data fetch: A typical usage of REST API will fetch data by calling multiple API endpoints, and the server will return all data in those endpoints.
- The shape and size of the resource is determined by the server in REST
- In REST, you specify a write by changing the HTTP verb from GET to something else like POST.
- It uses different routes for requests.
- It is server-driven application state.
- REST only communicates on HTTP or HTTPS.
GraphQL is a Query Language for APIs and set of tools that operate over a single endpoint using HTTP.
- GraphQL is a flexible and easy to backup.
- Data fetch: It uses queries, schema, and resolvers. Developers can specify the exact data thy need, moreover, they can create and execute nested queries.
- In GraphQL, the server declares what resources are available, and client asks for what it needs at the time.
- In GraphQL, you change a keyword in the query.
- In GraphQL, doesn’t have any Routes.
- It is Contract-driven by nature
- GraphQL server communicate over HTTP, HTTPs, TCP, WebSocket, UDP, FTP.
What are some best IDEs and tools for GraphQL APIs?
- GraphiQL-In browser IDE for exploring GraphQL APIs
- GraphCMS-Build a GraphQL content API
- Bit-Opensource tool and reusable code
- Relay-It is a Library for GraphQL.js
- Apollo Client and server-optimize GraphQL Queries
- GraphQL Voyager -For interactive visual Graph
- GraphQL IDE-The GraphQL Playground
- GraphQL Editor- For Backends from GraphQL Schema
- Prisma– Build GraphQL server with Ease
- GraphQL Bindings– For Reusing and Sharing GraphQL APIs
- GraphQL Network- Network-style tab allowing for easy debugging
What are the Pros and Cons of GraphQL?
- It is best option for Complex systems and Microservices
- GraphQL Schema
- Fetching data with a single API call
- Autogenerating API Documentation
- Support for real time data
- Code Sharing
- Easy find errors with Clear message
- Rapid application Prototyping
- Complex queries
- Learning curve
- Web caching is more complex than with REST
- No leverage from HTTP
- JSON representation only
- File uploading issues
- Schema similarities
Get GraphQL developer jobs with top U.S. companies!
Learn how to write a clear and comprehensive job description to attract highly skilled GraphQL developers to your organization.