If you are looking for Macy’s Interview Questions you have come to the right place.
We all know how stressful interviews can be.
However, with a little bit of preparation, you can ace the job interview at Macy’s
Here you will find how to successfully answer Macy’s Interview Questions.
Please note worknearyou.net is not affiliated with Macy’s.
Top 5 Most Common Macy’s Department Stores Interview Questions and Answers
Macy’s Interview Questions and Answers
1. Tell us about yourself?
- It’s okay to talk about your hobbies and interests but keep it brief. Try and focus on related work experience. Remember having related work experience will put you ahead of the competition.
2. Why do you want to work for Macy’s?
- Mention you love the product and service you get at Macy’s and because of this, you would be proud to represent them.
- State why you think Macy’s is better than their competitors.
- Say you would like a job that keeps you active.
3. What is your greatest strength?
This question is an invitation to explain why you are the best-qualified candidate for this job!
The answer should be broken down into three parts
- The Strength – state the strength
- Proof of the strength – an example of how you have used this strength.
- The strength’s relevance to THIS job.
4. What is your greatest weakness?
- You should not deny you have a weakness or state strengths as a weakness (I am a perfectionist, or I work too hard and neglect my friends and family). State a weakness that is required for the role but not a dealbreaker if you don’t have it.
- When you state your weakness make sure you say what you are doing to overcome that weakness. For example, I have a fear of public speaking and I have enrolled in a public speaking class to overcome my fear.
5. What can you tell us about Macy’s?
- Macy’s is a chain of American Department stores founded in 1858.
- Macy’s Inc is the parent company of Macy’s, Bloomingdale’s, and Bluemercury.
- The headquarters are in Cincinnati Ohio.
- Macy’s has 512 stores as of 2021.
- The department store was founded by Roland Macy.
- Macy is over 160 years old.
CUSTOMER SERVICE INTERVIEW QUESTIONS
7. How would you deal with an upset customer?
- If the customer was upset because they could not find an item I would find it for them and not just point them in a general direction.
- If the customer was unhappy with their product I would reference Macy’s Return Policy and see if they could return it.
8. How would you define excellent customer service?
- The staff is friendly and always willing to help the customer find what he or she needs.
- Customers are not waiting in line for long periods of time at checkout.
- The store display is well kept and presented with adequate inventory.
9. Why do you believe customer service is so important?
Great customer service can
- Increase customer loyalty
- Grow the amount of money each customer spends per visit
- Increase how often a customer buys from you
- Generate positive word-of-mouth about your business
ADDITIONAL INTERVIEW QUESTIONS
10. Where do you see yourself in five years?
- If going to college or university state what you would like to be doing after you finish.
- Take a look at the Macy’s career section and see a job you can see yourself doing in five years.
11. Why should I hire you?
- Have a look at the job description and find the key skills and experience required to do the job. Reassure the interviewer that you have the skills and experience required to do the position. Note your answer needs to demonstrate that you are the solution to the employer’s problem (a vacancy on their team), and you are the best person for the role.
Q – 4. What Are The Basic Motivating Forces Which Help You Perform Better?
- Speak about meeting your deadlines on time.
- Speak about using your skills to coach others
- You can explore new learning opportunities.
- Speak about using creative ideas to invent something new.
- You can work with commitment and dedication in a team
- Find new strategies to solve the problems of your customers.
Q – 2. What Are Your Weaknesses And How Would You Overcome Them?
Ans: You should talk about your weaknesses as opportunities so that you can transform weaknesses in your favor which assists you to achieve career objectives in your new job role at Macy’s.
Assess Your Strengths and Weaknesses to Qualify Macy’s Interview
Ans: You can talk about your strengths for this job and how you will apply your strengths and skills to achieve desired results in this job.
Q – 3. What is Your Future Career Plan?
Ans: Every interviewer wants to know where you see yourself in the coming 5 years on the professional front. You can structure your answer by reviewing success stories of Macy’s top performers to structure your answer with real-life examples so that you can convince your interviewer about a long-term career path with Macy’s.
Q – 3. What Are The Possible Reasons You Are Searching For a New Job?
Ans: You can answer this question by stating you have completed all responsibilities in your current role and therefore you are looking for new challenging roles which brought you to Macy’s. This way you can utilize a positive approach to answer this question easily.
Questions Based on Skills for Handling Customers
Ans: You should be able to demonstrate a friendly and helpful attitude to provide the best customer services to your customers and pick up strategies to enhance customer experience at Macy’s. You can focus on reducing the service delivery time for your customers to exceed customer expectations.
Q -2. How Will You Handle a Demanding Customer?
Ans: The best way to handle demanding and annoying customers is to be patient and calm and put sincere efforts to understand their demands. If you find a specific demand cannot be met, you can use a polite tone to refuse the demand and suggest another alternative.
Macy’s interview questions and answers
Interviewer: Describe the advancement opportunities for someone just starting out.
Macy’s Hiring Manager: You can move up; you can start as a sales associate or you can start as an inventory clerk, and you can move up to be anything, anything that you want to be. I mean it’s wide open at Macy’s. Put in the time and show that you are a dedicated employee, show up for work, be there on time, and be willing to learn new things, and you can definitely move up.
The Macys hiring process features specific interview formats for job titles available. Seasonal workers often only encounter one, in-person job interview. Applicants looking for part-time and full-time year-round positions interview through one-to-one sessions. The average entry-level employee participates in a single job interview, as well. Managers typically participate in two or more interviews. Other career opportunities with the department store may feature three or four interviews, depending on specific qualifications.
Often personal and candid, job interviews include department introductions and question and answer sessions tailored to the specific needs of the position. Many Macys employment opportunities use technology. Applicants should possess some familiarity with modern electronics in order to gain hiring consideration. Other characteristics hiring managers regularly screen for include accountability, sales experience, self-motivation, open availability, cheerful attitude, and team-player work ethics.
Macys operates around 850 stores and uses the hiring process to fill vacant entry-level positions and professional careers. Most applicants report spending between one and three weeks in the hiring process. After making initial contact with hiring personnel to schedule job interviews, workers spend the next several days participating in face-to-face sessions to determine eligibility for employment. An interview may last as long as 40 minutes or as brief as 15 minutes. The specific position desired and relationships established with hiring personnel during the actual sessions often determine the length of each interview.
Interviewer: What should an applicant do to prepare for the interview?
Macy’s Hiring Manager: Definitely have all of your paperwork in order. Know which jobs you worked at, what their addresses are, who a contact person is that you worked for, “John Smith” at blahblahblah company. Let “John Smith” know you used him as a reference. Know what dates you worked there and also know what you want to do at the new company because there’s a lot of different positions, and if you don’t know what you want to do, then that’s going to be tough.
What was your interview with Macy’s like?Your insights will help other jobseekers.
- Business casual (e.g. dress slacks)64 %
- Formal (business suit)20 %
- Casual (t-shirt and jeans)9 %
- They didn’t have a dress code6 %
- Special outfit (e.g. protective gear)1 %
What advice do candidates give for interviewing at Macy’s
- Make sure you have a phone interview with a women and not a man.Shared on July 14, 2019
- Be honest abt the credit whoring.Shared on March 31, 2019 – Sales Associate – Beverly Hills, CA
- Just be calm and relaxed.Shared on January 9, 2019 – Shoe Expeditor – Lawrenceville, NJ
- Other online job site25 %
- Through Indeed24 %
- Walk-In16 %
- Employee referral10 %
- Other9 %